Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 26, 2021

Songs with street in the title

I'm sitting here with my vanilla chai tea latte thinking, "What can I create?" I haven't drawn anything in a couple weeks and I actually have some free time now, so today might be good. Since my last post, I have been working hard on my web site for my children's books and cartoon t.v. series. The web site will also have a store, which I will link to my books and plush toys of my characters. I drew up my last character a few days ago. The next step is getting him copyrighted through the U.S. government copyright office. I did copyright my manuscripts and am just waiting to receive my copyright for each one in the mail.

A lot goes into the copyright process. It's always a huge relief knowing I have sent everything off. Then comes the long wait. Nothing is ever quick with the government. It nearly took 8 months to copyright one of my characters 3 years ago. The last characters I had done though it only took about 2 months. Next comes trademarking a name. This has proven more difficult than writing the storyboards and coming up with the characters! The name must suit a television show title and be something children can remember. Every time I think of something good it has already been taken.

Somebody suggested going with an actual street name, which I thought was a great idea! There are so many unique street names out there. I don't have to use the full name either. I can just use part of a street name and/or add to it. If I find a name that I really like I just do a search on the copyright web site, and if it's taken I keep trying until I find one that isn't. How many songs can you think of with "street" in the title, by the way? I know a few. There are 11 songs on my iPod with "street" in the title. I would post a video for each one, but given the number of videos the post would be a little long... So I will post the song titles along with the song that best reflects my mood at the moment.

Song titles: "Respectable Street" - XTC, "Threadneedle Street" - Blur, "King George Street" - Squeeze, "Lonesome Street" ' Blur, "Joey's on the Streets Again" - The Boomtown Rats, "Sunday Street" - Squeeze, "No Easy Street" - The Psychedelic Furs, "Man in the Street" - Joe Jackson, "Cloudburst at Shingle Street" - Thomas Dolby, "Back on the Street" - Utopia, "Positively 4th Street (Bob Dylan cover)" - Simply Red





Squeeze's "Sunday Street" best reflects my mood. I also included a live concert from 1991 supporting their Play album. This show was at The Beacon Theater in NYC. Not the best quality, but hey, it was filmed in 1991, and this is the only full-length video recording from that tour! I'm glad somebody captured it. Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment