Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Vinyl records outsell CDs for first time in 35 years

Nice! I think more people are buying vinyl because they can't seem to get enough of the old vinyl sound. Music on the record has a warmer sound with the hum of the needle and pops and crackles. The grooves on a record create an open, resonant sound. By nature, digital formats compress sound, preventing the warmth, richness, and depth that arise from open space. Vinyl playback is a much better representation of the actual sound the artist recorded in the studio.

Vinyl records also offer an immersive listening experience, allowing fans to physically hold the album artwork.   In a CD, you can pull out the artwork and hold it, but it is not the same.  Compared to CDs, vinyl albums offer a much larger variety of artwork to look at, with much larger pages and more detail. I also feel that CD sales have fallen because you have YouTube and Spotify in today's age. It's so easy to log in to Spotify, YouTube, or even Pandora and listen to your playlists. YouTube is also cool because I can watch my live concerts and music videos on my iPod. Personally, I traded my portable CD player for an iPod years ago. I cannot not live without my iPod Touch. Not only can I listen to my massive music collection on it, I can also watch my live concert videos on my YouTube app. Back in 2007, before acquiring an iPod, I burned my own CDs, kept them in a large padded CD case, and took only what I wanted to listen to that day. The struggle was real! Technology has certainly improved my music listening experience.

Aside from that, there have been many special edition albums, which have increased vinyl sales. People who like a particular band would most likely purchase a special edition album or anniversary box set.​



https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/vinyl-records-outsell-cds-for-first-time-in-35-years/?fbclid=IwAR1ceOU_29Ry8zdAFBUTkWbgKvDrYjy6PHAYfr5J5KLznS-bfrB9uzub8wM

0 comments:

Post a Comment