Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Why Has Everyone Forgotten How to Behave at Concerts?

Good question. My favorite theater had two people stand up on the pit seats and break them. Oh, and that was during a performance of Swan Lake! What makes you so excited during Swan Lake that you break the seats? Was there alcohol involved? Quite possibly, since that's not a show where people break things... In a rock show, I could see it, but not in Swan Lake. I actually cannot fathom anyone doing this. I find this annoying. You don't have to behave like an animal to have a good time. Save those seats for those who are only interested in enjoying the show and not destroying property, please; or respect the venue and those around you.

Someone I know said this last year, "I mentioned on my personal page that a man sitting behind me smacked me pretty hard from behind on my right arm when i was trying to take a picture of Joe just as he entered the stage. He ordered me to turn my phone off instead of politey asking. The smack was so hard, my phone fumbled almost out of my hands and it scared the living *hit out of me."



At concerts, this behavior has been going on for quite a while, and I don't believe it's all because of Covid, though it did not help. Unhinged people are more prevalent now than ever before. There have been some pretty crazy things done at pre-Covid shows and tempers have flared. In spite of that, Covid created a lot of stress in the world, and when people went back out in it, it was as though they didn't know what to do. At a Pink concert, who throws the ashes of a relative on stage? That's bizarre. I fully understand how grieving affects a person. Perhaps the deceased loved Pink and/or the ashes were thrown on stage during a song he or she enjoyed. OK, I totally get that! I understand the WHY, but not the place. It's one thing to do that on a beach, but to do it at a concert is unheard of. There are other ways to honor your loved one with a song. It can be played out loud or even sung.

Then there is the mental health crisis and the crime wave. Nowadays, you must remain vigilant wherever you go. At my post-Covid shows, I haven't witnessed anything that went terribly wrong. Everyone was respectful, security kept everyone safe, and the mood wasn't dampened. That's not to say nothing can go wrong, just that nothing has. Schools and malls seem to be the primary sites of crime in the U.S. I believe music venues maintain a higher level of security than schools and malls. There are also stores and restaurants... Back in 1991 or 1992, I was sitting in a restaurant with my family when a robber broke in and shouted, "Nobody move!" and robbed a waiter at the front counter. Being so young and having to hide under a booth was scary. Thankfully, they left very quickly. We can still find ways to live around crime and bad behavior when we go out, but we cannot stop it from happening.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/why-everyone-forgotten-behave-concerts-234734016.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment