Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Alternative Music Hall of Fame, voting now open

Alternative Music Hall of Fame is something I didn't know about.  Quite cool.  You can now vote for your top 10 bands.  Here are my top 10.  Given all the great bands on that list, it was extremely difficult.  They have made tremendous contributions to the music world.



My top 10:

INXS
Blur
Echo & the Bunnymen
Adam and the Ants
Midnight Oil
The Smiths
The Psychedelic Furs
XTC
Talking Heads
Squeeze

The top 10 bands are actually on my top 15 favorite bands and artists list. My other five favorite bands and artists are Joe Jackson/Joe Jackson Band, Nick Lowe, Dave Edmunds/Dave Edmunds Band, Simply Red, The Smithereens.

I had a hard time deciding since there are bands like The Smithereens on that list. I also had to choose between The Smiths and Morrissey. On my list, I must include The Smiths or Morrissey. There is no question about it. Midnight Oil follows. YES. Some sort of list should include Midnight Oil, INXS, and Adam and the Ants. The career of Duran Duran has been colorful. Last night, I was listening to Duran Duran's Medazzaland and Seven and the Ragged Tiger.  Good stuff. They haven't put out a bad album, and are always fun to see live. Squeeze, on the other hand, I really like. As for my final band, it's a toss-up between Duran Duran and Squeeze.

I am also a Joe Jackson and Squeeze kind of girl. So, that's kind of where I want to go with my vote. There is a likeness between them. Something that I really enjoy about the two acts.
It's not about having heard "all the albums" of a band, as much as it is about which groups I like most. On the Alternative Music Hall website, I have heard nearly all the albums of the bands listed, and in this post, I have heard every album of the bands mentioned. Narrowing it down is super hard.

Alternative Music Hall of Fame is a not-for-profit organization based in Los Angeles, California. A number of subgenres of alternative music are honored at Alt Hall, including punk, post-punk, new wave, goth, new romantic, revival rockabilly, grunge, ska, mod, reggae, Cali reggae, 1970s glam rock, Britpop, surf rock, indie rock, post-rock, post-grunge, alternative hip hop, emo, and electronic synth. Alternative Music Hall inductees fall into three categories: Alternative Music Legendary Artists (individuals and bands), Alternative Music Legendary Albums & Songs, and Alternative Music Industry Legends.

An award ceremony will be held in Los Angeles in November 2024 as part of Alt Hall's 2024 Induction Awards Ceremony. Members can purchase a limited number of tables for this private party. Members will be notified first about sponsoring an artist experience with tickets.

Alternative Music Hall link: https://althall.org/alt-hall

To vote, click here: https://althall.org/vote

2024 Induction Class Nominee voting ends April 5, 2024.

0 comments:

Post a Comment