Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Droo's Peace Crush and their new album Magic & the Reel

I have been wanting to talk about these guys for a while now. The band is called Droo's Peace Crush. I caught them four years ago at an outdoor music event in my town. They reminded me of the indie band The Sea and Cake but with more of a jazzy flair and syncopated pop rhythms. I got to hear songs from their unreleased album, '79 Playlist, that evening in addition to their album The War for Love.

They also played an awesome mix of cover songs. Here are the ones that I remember: "I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)(Hall & Oates cover)," "Rock With You (Michael Jackson cover)," "My Girl (The Temptations cover)," "Hand in My Pocket (Alanis Morissette cover)," "With a Little Help from My Friends (Beatles cover)." I loved the Alanis Morissette cover they did! Wish I had filmed it but I didn't. I DID, however, record their cover of "My Girl" by The Temptations. You can find it below...



Their latest release is called Magic & the Reel and it has a really cool groove. I'm listening to it now. Below is the youtube playlist for Magic & the Reel along with a music video for "Siren Song," which you can find on their album The War for Love. I also added a socially distanced concert from 2020 at the Six Springs Tavern in Richardson, TX.





Droo's Peace Crush at Six Springs Tavern in Richardson, TX on November 7, 2020:



Check out this cool band when you can. Their youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEgzGAkQVku4ZsccNLy-6YA

0 comments:

Post a Comment