Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 2, 2021

My top 10 favorite music videos + one extra video

Here are my top 10 favorite music videos.



I love how this video starts with the band backing up into a garage. Jon is sitting at his drums, looking board until the band hops out of the truck. Toward the end of the song, the band jumps back on the truck while Jon is drumming away. There is such an innocence about this song and video. If I could only choose one music video ever, this would be it.



I love this song just as much as I did when I was a kid. It could always be heard everywhere I went or it was on the radio. It was so pleasant to hear on car trips. I really love the whole New York City vibe and fast-paced rhythm on "Steppin' Out." I'm fortunate to have heard the lounge version and the original version live!



This music video is a timeless treasure. I love the people dancing and the young couple being separated due to the man having to leave for the service. It's very sweet, sad, and has an old-timey 50's feel. The scenes acted out during the harmonica solo in this video are beautifully done, and Sir Elton John looked dapper as always.



A song for weddings, or just for anybody looking to have a good time! Totally danceable tune. Here's a little history lesson. Dave Edmunds' first recorded this song for his 1977 solo album Get It. It was later featured in Rockpile`s concerts. However, Nick Lowe wrote the song. Both versions of this song are superb.



I love this song now just as much as I did when I was little. It's so cute and funny! That Frenchman was really trying too hard to when that poor girl over... All he did was annoy her, lol. :)



A song from one of my top 5 albums. Andy Partridge had said this music video was not about Jesus, JFK, or any literal person, but an idea about a type of person. The sad reality is this visually powerful music video will remain unseen by a large portion of this world because this band never got the recognition they deserved.



This song and video are fab! One of those feel good tunes that you can't turn down. I also like the movie Mermaids, so this is a win-win for me.



Britpop flourished in the 1990s and the most successful bands linked with britpop were Blur, Oasis, Suede and Pulp, known as the movement's "big four." This song has a Beatles feel to it. Cool song and video from an unforgettable time.



Why can't this song go on forever? I guess that's why there is a repeat button! Somebody said Neil Finn was the John Lennon of New Zealand, and I have to agree. But this video has a nice background set and cool choreography. That is what I love most about it apart from the music!



I was so young when this song came out. I remember watching this music video when I was 5-years-old. I loved it as much back then as I do now. I'm not what you would call a Madonna fan, but I do like how joyful and uplifting this song is. It brings back some great memories from such a tender, young age.

Extra music video:



So I threw in an extra music video because who can have a favorite music video list without "Interstate Love Song"? This video takes me back in time. Bring back the 90's! Ahhhh, the guitar intro before the wall of sounds hits...

That's my top 10 favorite music videos + extra song. I was going to include the other 20 videos (not kidding!) but split it up in three parts. Then I thought, "Even if you split the videos up into three parts, there will still be too many videos on the blog's front page." Perhaps I could create two more blogs but space them out so the video posts are not too close together.

0 comments:

Post a Comment