Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Covid vaccination and postponed concert

Well, I got my covid vaccine today. It was Pfizer. I get my second shot in about three weeks. It wasn't too bad though. The vaccines were given at a huge stadium about 30 minutes away from me. The military administered them and everything was very well organized. I was in and out in no time. My arm is a little sore, but other than that I'm fine. Pfizer is now testing a third vaccine on people who received their doses more than six months ago. With a third vaccine, Pfizer hopes to boost the immune response even higher, offering better protection against variants. The existing Pfizer vaccine remains effective against variants first identified in the U.K., Brazil, and South Africa. More can be found on this topic in the article below.

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/third-pfizer-dose-covid-19-vaccine-maker-studying-booster-shots-n1258775

Also, my Adam Ant concert was postponed again. Still haven't heard anything back after almost two months, but I understand that it takes time to reschedule gigs. Heck. I bought the tickets in September 2019, anticipating the show on April 28, 2020. Then, it was pushed to September 16, 2020, and April 30, 2021, after that. I have no idea if it will be scheduled for later in the year like before, or if they will just move it up another whole year. I wish they would schedule it for next spring or summer. Give things time to get better. I do not feel comfortable doing anything this year unless the virus phases out or things are at a safer level. The general public will not be vaccinated until late spring-early summer, then those people must wait weeks for their vaccines to kick in. For me, once I get my second dose in 3 weeks, I must wait at least 2 weeks for it to even work. I got mine early due to health issues.

The article I posted above states that we will have to get our "annual" flu shot. Does that mean we are immunized for up to a year? Or does that mean you can only get the shot once a year but it only lasts 6 months like the flu shot? I don't think we actually know how long these vaccines will be effective, BUT the more people who get them the faster we can end this pandemic. It would be great if Pfizer could make a vaccine that lasted for 6 months if not a year. Then you could just get it again, I guess. Or if their vaccine was effective for a whole year that would be even better.
As bad as this whole covid thing has been, the 1918 Spanish Flu was the most devastating this world has seen. It killed between 50 million and 100 million people. The world's population in 1918 didn't have vaccines like we do. They quarantined, closed schools, and avoided large gatherings. The problem with the United States is that many Americans still attended large gatherings and did not social distance during this pandemic. Sure, we have a vaccine now, and the numbers are looking better, but I feel this pandemic could have ended sooner had we done what was necessary.

This is a good source for the Spanish Flu without being too wordy. It provides a wealth of information for those who do not know about it or who may have forgotten about it: https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf=ALeKk03BO_4dHUnD_kzNCu2UJm_ogtmulg:1615958220089&q=What+ended+the+Spanish+flu&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiSi7i9ybbvAhXJZs0KHQ5vC84Q1QIwFnoECA8QAQ&biw=1920&bih=912

I honestly do not see how any live shows can happen this year unless the numbers drop dramatically by the end of 2021 or it phases out. I think Covid-19 is here to stay and that an annual vaccine will be required. But I wonder how it will affect the future of live music... Are live shows a thing of the past? Are socially distanced/limited seating concerts the "new normal"? I like the idea of needing a vaccine card to enter a venue. Makes me feel better knowing I'm surrounded by vaccinated people. However, that doesn't exactly allay my fears. I do not think I will feel secure until another year passes. As much as I would LOVE a fun night out, it's not worth risking my health. Until things improve, I'll continue to enjoy the live streams, listening to music, and drawing in my free time. My Yorkie keeps me busy as well, lol. Her name is Lucy. I feel so lucky and blessed to have her. :)

My stimulus is supposed to arrive on March 17th, btw. I haven't gotten it yet, though it's only 1:17 a.m. on March 17th. I should have it by morning, I think! The times we live in are strange and uncertain, but there is much to look forward to. I try to stay positive no matter how bad things get. You can't change the state of the world, you just have to learn how to live through these tough times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment