Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, May 2, 2021

Vinyl record haul and oldies.com

I'm baccccck! And boy, do I have a fun blog... I went on a record-buying spree. I purchased the majority of my haul on oldies.com. Oldies.com sells music, movies, magazines, books, turntable accessories, as well as music gifts and merchandise. They sell LPs that are in new and never-played condition that are warehouse remainders or brand new without cosmetic flaws. The warehouse remainders are sold at closeout prices. Most are sealed, however, many have manufacturer's delete notch, drill hole, prior sale stickers, and/or minor shelf wear. I don't mind buying them like that if I am getting them at an excellent price! Below are the albums I purchased and the cost of each album from oldies.com.

Todd Rundgren's Utopia - Utopia, $7.98/Ra - Utopia, $2.98/Oops! Wrong Planet - Utopia, $2.98/Adventures in Utopia - Utopia, $7.98/Victim of Love - Elton John, $4.98/Thrill on the Hill - Z.Z. Hill, $1.98

Deface the Music -Utopia, $3.98/Man of Colours - Icehouse, $0.99/The Secret Value of Daydreaming - Julian Lennon, $2.98/Tucker soundtrack - Joe Jackson, $12.98/Back of My Mind - Christopher Cross, $2.98/Keyed Up - Ronnie Milsap, $3.98

Jumpin' Jive - Joe Jackson/Funeral - The Arcade Fire/One More Try for Love - Ronnie Milsap, $0.99/45's: In America / The Legend of Wooley Swamp - Charlie Daniels Band, $3.00/Let It Whip / Knock Knock! - Dazz Band, $4.00/Boogie Oogie Oogie / Sukiyaki - A Taste of Honey, $4.00/Run Rudolph Run / From Small Things (Big Things...) - Dave Edmunds, $4.00

Swing to the Right - Utopia/Difford & Tilbrook - Difford & Tilbrook, $3.98

The ones without prices were purchased at full price on other websites. There is an additional $1.00 shipping fee on closeout vinyl, but you're still not paying much considering the big discounts you receive. I cannot believe they sell brand new vinyl that cheap either. A traditional record store would have charged at least $20.00 per album. You can find some good deals online though. The last album I purchased was Elliott Smith's Figure 8 from musiciansfriend.com. It's backordered until May 28th, but I will be happy when it arrives.

This concludes my very first vinyl record haul post. I hope you all liked it! If you haven't already, please check out oldies.com. Oldies.com is a family-owned and operated company. Operating out of a 60,000 square foot warehouse located just outside of Philadelphia (in West Conshohocken), the company is now one of the largest music and movie mail-order companies in the United States. They mail millions of catalogs to collectors and enthusiasts each year and ship thousands of orders daily. A very reputable and trustworthy company and I definitely will shop with them again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment