Pages

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 21, 2024

Record Store Day 2024

Ah, Record Store Day... So many records to browse through, live music, lots of fun!  This year, I skipped the crowds and shopped online.  I really wanted three records, but I only scored one.  When you go early, you are more likely to get what you want compared to going in the afternoon or waiting for online sales the next day.   I don't know though if I would have got the other records or not, because they were such hot items this year.  In my opinion, I would have had to be standing in line right when it opened.

The records I wanted:

Talking Heads Live at WCOZ 77 - Talking Heads
Genius of Love 2001 Remixes - Tom Tom Club
Parklife (30th Anniversary Zoetrope Picture Disc) - Blur

The records I got:

Genius of Love 2001 Remixes - Tom Tom Club
Blur Presents Special Collectors Edition RSD 2023 - Blur



I was browsing the web at 8:00 in the morning.  The Talking Heads Live at WCOZ 77 album had already sold out.  Likewise, I imagine the in-store shopping experience yesterday was similar.  Some people camp out overnight for the event, so the lines were probably pretty long before I would have arrived.  The Tom Tom Club's Genius of Love 2001 Remixes album is still available online, which is surprising.  I got an amazing deal on last year's Blur album, Blur Presents Special Collectors Edition RSD 2023.  It was under $19.00, and shipping was only $5.95.  Maybe next year I will score Blur Parklife!

All in all, it was alright. One of the records I wanted was available, and I got last year's Record Store Day Blur album. The long lines always deter me from attending Record Store Day events. Besides, I wouldn't stand in line for hours at a time, let alone all night. Anything before 6:00 a.m. is too early for me! Perhaps one day I will muster up the courage to go, but for now I'm content with my Record Store Day experience.

0 comments:

Post a Comment